Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jonathan Ortiz, KORN feat. SKRILLEX - Narcissistic Cannibal (Tribute)

Jonathan Ortiz, KORN feat. SKRILLEX - Narcissistic Cannibal (Tribute)

Tribute Video #7 ============ Song: "Narcissistic Cannibal" Artist: KORN feat. SKRILLEX Album: The Path of Totality *** Dubstep is a genre that is becoming influential to all popular music, and to myself and many drummers alike. Korn's music has always had an experimental and raw aggressive nature to it. Though the styles are different, the attitude is the same, and the two are a natural fit together. When I heard that Korn had been teaming up with some of the top Dubstep artists of today to produce a new demo (then later on a full album), I was beyond enticed to discover and immerse myself in it. Then their single "Get Up!" came out featuring none other than Skrillex, and I was sold! Though "Get Up!" was the first single, I found it was hard to pick a song for my tribute series. Ultimately, I decided on this song, "Narcissistic Cannibal." Also featuring the innovation and genius of Skrillex, this song is a pretty good fit to translate over to the drums. It has a fun, bounci! ng pulse, tight double-kick play in specific spots, and it leaves space in the middle for some crafty interpretation of Skrillex's beat so that it's never played the same way twice. All in all, it's a great song to jam to. Enjoy! ==!!!ADD + RATE + LIKE + SUBSCRIBE!!!== Listen with headphones or crank the volume for best quality!





0 comments: